MEDICAL DEVICE INNOVATION CHALLENGE APPLICATION
Upstate MIND Medical Device Innovation Challenge
For Medical Device Early Discovery Innovation
at CNY Biotech Accelerator
The Upstate MIND – a Medical Innovation and Novel Discovery Center within the CNY Biotech Accelerator – is providing a grant-funded program to assist early stage medical device innovators. Participants/teams accepted into the six-month program (mid-July through January) receive FREE workspace in the Upstate MIND Creation Garage and fee-waived registration to the “Concept to Commercialization” Bootcamp as well as access to resources, equipment and mentorship. The goal of participation is to determine if your medical device product/service idea/prototype has commercial viability.
Upstate MIND MDIC Participants will:
- Gain access to University researchers and graduate students
- Produce marketing and customer data
- Develop and test early prototypes
- Determine regulatory strategy
- Develop a Business Plan and Pitch Presentation
- Introductions to Innovation Ecosystem mentors
Upstate MIND MDIC Participant Benefits and Awards
- All participants receive fee-waived registration to the “Concept to Commercialization” Bootcamp – a value of $240 per team member
- Selected MDIC graduate(s) will receive a Platinum Pass to apply to Buffalo’s 43NORTH $5M innovation competition
- Selected MDIC graduate(s) will be receive an additional 6 months’ free space within the Creation Garage – valued at $1050
- Active MDIC Participants receive $500 in expense reimbursement for program-related approved activities.
- One MDIC graduate/team will be awarded a Patent Landscape performed by ICIP Consultants – a $5,000-$10,000 value
Upstate MIND MDIC Applications are available at www.cnybac.com
Applications are due by June 15, 2018.
The MIND MDIC Review Committee will select accepted participants/teams in June with a program start of July 19.
For questions contact Kathi Durdon at 315-464-9290 or email email@example.com.
MDIC Review Committee:Jack Rudnick, Chair, NYSTLC, Syracuse University
Mike Riedlinger, Co-Chair, High-Tech Rochester
Kathi Durdon, Co-Chair, CNY Biotech Accelerator
Xavier Aguirre, Welch Allyn/Hill-Rom
Nasir Ali, StartFast
John Boger, Heslin Rothenberg Farley MesitiGary Brennan, Welch Allyn/Hill-RomTim Callahan, Transonic Systems
Sam Carello, Upstate
Robert Corona, Upstate/CNYBAC
Jud Gostin, CNYBAC Advisory Board MemberChris Horacek, ICIP Consulting
Rami Katz, Excell Partners and CNYBAC Advisory Board Member
Marnie LaVigne, Launch NY
Susan Mangicaro, S. Scott Global, LLCDavid Mankiewicz, CenterState CEOJoe McCoy, CNYBAC Advisory Board Member
Dave Quinn, Welch Allyn/Hill-Rom
Chuck Storman, StartFast
Esther Vargas, RPI
Marc Viggiano, StartFast
Upstate MIND MDIC is brought to you by: CNY Biotech Accelerator, High Tech Rochester and NYS Science + Technology Law Center at Syracuse University
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org